Manager Trade Global Trade and Receivables Finance (GTRF) Business Services
Trade is a core product for the Group across various customer segments, including GBM, CMB, and Private Banking. The jobholder is responsible for smooth execution of the day to day activities for the GTRF Operational teams within GSD. The job requires a high degree of understanding in Trade operations in terms of technical knowledge, through understanding of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) published rules as well as GTRF FIM, Internal Controls and Group Compliance Policy including International sanctions etc. In delivering their responsibilities, they are expected to successfully lead a cohesive team which is inspired to meet business imperatives. This will include monitoring of workflow management tools, facilitating optimal resource planning to ensure delivery of a “superior” customer service in accordance with laid down rules and regulations.
Impact on the Business
- Maintain and improve the delivery of “superior” customer service by actively driving operational performance, (meeting PLAs, maximizing, operational efficiency and reducing operational risks).
- Responsibility for resource management and work allocation taking into consideration absenteeism, and utilisation of cross trained resources to ensure GSC/BS is staffed to meet the strategic objectives of the business.
- Facilitate adequate and timely cascading of all procedural changes to avoid noncompliance with agreed procedures. Ensure awareness and adherence to all sanction related controls.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Ensure that the customer is at the heart of everything we do both personally and as an organisation by driving a customer centric culture
- Monitor service quality standards and set benchmarks for high performance
- Monitor pending items queue/referral queues to ensure closure on aged items and escalating where appropriate
- Proactively identify problems and effectively work to resolve them sharing best practice with other TRF BS teams.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication of MIS to Business Partner.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead a highly motivated and skilled team, where skills and knowledge openly shared, which allows GSD to meet the business objectives.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with Business Partners, operate in an open and transparent way being fully accountable for supporting their business
- Support other Business Service initiatives in driving operational change programs
- Be aware of issues within teams and resolve or escalate in appropriate and timely manner
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- To provide a platform to enable Group companies to significantly reduce their operating costs whilst maintaining Customer service standards.
- To continually re-assess the operational risks inherent in the business donor Group companies.
- Be responsible for effective deployment and tracking of eSac cards and business related audit/end of Day checks
- To be aware of the nature of our customers business/trading patterns and alert to any out of the ordinary transactions, which should be escalated to Senior Management
- To be fully conversant with FIM, anti-money laundering, sanctions and internal procedures/polices and regulatory requirements of our business
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in Global Trade and Receivables Finance operations
- Strong International Trade experience and background required, in depth working knowledge of Trade business and industry standards such as UCP/ISBP/ ICC OPINIONS / URR/ URC and the ability to impart such knowledge to their team
- Proven experience of successfully leading teams and ability to manage resources of the team in the most effective way in order to deliver “superior” customer service meet PLA in the most cost efficient way.
- Ability to maintain control, direction and motivation in an ever-changing environment.
- Experience/knowledge in process re-engineering and production management skills.
- Ability to understand and implement Group risk management
|Job Category||Managers & Senior Managers|
|Job Type:||Full Time|