Transport Data Analyst
Reporting to the Senior Transport Planner / Modeller, the Data Analyst will work in the RAK Municipality Modelling and Transport Planning Unit based in our Overseas Delivery Office.
This role is for a Degree-qualified engineering professional with at least 3 years of progressive experience in the field of data analytics, transport planning, transportation modelling, or a related discipline.
- 1. Technical delivery and management of small, medium and large -scale transport assignments with minimal supervision.
- 2. Experience in gathering, cleansing, analysing, and interpretation of infrastructure datasets, ideally in a transportation con te
- 3. Working closely with project managers and other municipality staff to ensure timely completion of the necessary analysis, rep orts and plans as assigned.
- 4. Supporting a group of transport planners, engineers and modellers in our Overseas Delivery Office, as well as those based in Ras Al
- 5. Preparing high-quality reports and technical analyses with the ability to present outcomes to concerned parties.
- 6. Ensuring deliverables adhere to prevailing QA/QS and document management protocols.
- Experience in analysis of large and complex datasets, and preparing automated output dashboards.
- Knowledge of scripting in databases and / or Excel.
- Strong collaborative behaviours to interface with overseas clients, other members of the local Transportation team, and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of transportation planning and urban planning concepts including transport demand theory, development / a ccess planning, traffic engineering and public transport issues.
- Knowledge of urban planning and land development appraisals and transport impact assessments.
- Well-developed skills in project technical delivery and time management.
- Capable of communicating in English effectively, both written and spoken.
- Competence with Microsoft Office software.
- Familiarity with electronic document management and quality assurance systems.
- Previous Gulf experience, and familiarity with trends and transport planning practices and standards in the United Arab Emirates.
- Knowledge of transportation modelling platforms including VISSIM, aaSIDRA, SYNCHRO, HCM.
- Knowledge of civil engineering design including concept and preliminary roads design.
- The candidate should have experience of managing multidisciplinary engineering teams to deliver projects in the UAE.