Senior Traffic Engineer
Reporting to the Transportation Director, this role is to lead the RAK Municipality Traffic Engineering Unit based in our Overseas Delivery Office. This role is for a Degree-qualified engineering professional with at least 15 years of progressive experience in the field of traffic engineering or civil (transportation) engineering or a related discipline. MSc and / or chartered status is desirable.
- 1. Technical delivery and management of small, medium and large -scale transport assignments with minimal supervision, including the development and maintenance of strategic models.
- 2. Working closely with project managers and other municipality staff to ensure timely completion of the necessary analysis, rep orts and plans as assigned.
- 3. Undertake technical reviews of planning submissions, traffic impact assessment reports , traffic studies and other technical plans, documents, presentations or datasets in line with the Municipality’s internal submittal standards, and prevailing technical standards a nd planning requirements.
- 4. Communicating the findings of such reviews on the Municipality’s corporate system(s), and other stakeholders as required, usi ng the appropriate channels.
- 5. Contributing to the development of policies, technical standards and guidance relating to Traffic Engineering or urban mobility, prepared
according to the Municipality’s business needs and international good practice.
- 6. Identifying opportunities for continuous process improvements.
- 7. Knowledge sharing and driving technical innovation with RAK Municipality colleagues everywhere.
- 7. Preparing high-quality written reports and technical analyses with the ability to present outcomes to concerned parties.
- 8. Advising on transportation matters.
- 9. Ensuring deliverables adhere to prevailing QA/QS and document management protocols.
- In-depth experience in the field of traffic engineering in the GCC, particularly the UAE.
- Very high levels of competency in operational modelling platforms including VISSIM, aaSIDRA, SYNCHRO, HCM.
- In-depth knowledge of Road Safety and Safety in Design principles, and contemporary best-practice roads safety initiatives.
- Experience with transport assessments, capacity theory and analysis techniques, urban planning and land development appraisals, parking management, master planning and public transport.
- Good knowledge of concept and preliminary roads design, including at-grade and grade-separated junctions.
- Experience in the concept design of parking and circulation layouts, walking and cycling facilities design, planning and design of traffic calming devices, public transport facilities (bus stops), signage and line-marking,
- Knowledge of the specification, collection, analysis and acceptability standards for surveys and data related to parking and traffic analysis.
- Strong collaborative behaviours to interface with overseas clients, other members of the local Transportation team, and other stakeholders.
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English, with a talent for persuasive speech and technical presentations to dive rse and non-technical audiences.
- Well-developed skills in project management, technical delivery and resource management.
- Capable of communicating in both Arabic and English effectively, both written and spoken.
- The candidate should have experience of managing multidisciplinary engineering teams to deliver projects in the UAE.
- Competence with Microsoft Office software.
- Familiarity with electronic document management and quality assurance systems.
- Previous Gulf experience, and familiarity with trends and transport planning practices and standards in the United Arab Emira tes.
- Knowledge of civil engineering design including concept and preliminary roads design