Regional Sales Manager Oil(Business to Consumer)
Manages all commercial and Van Sales activities in the assigned region to meet all agreed business targets which include revenue, collections, and product mix and customer satisfaction.
Management of People
- Provides overall supervision to the activities and employees of the assigned region. This includes; accountability for the results of the assigned region, the implementation of the company’s human resources policies and procedures, staff discipline, performance management, quality and implementation of HSE policies..
Region Sales Plan
- Develops and implements the annual sales plan for the assigned region (Commercial & Van Sales). This includes analyzing the market, discussing and agreeing quantities to be sold and the approaches to be used to sell products in the market. Implements these on a monthly and weekly basis, checking daily figures. Provides approvals on prices, discounts and incentives to be offered to customers. Implement companywide promotional or sales initiatives across the assigned region.
Ensures that Petromin is in possession of up to date information (market intelligence) on the local market and local and global trends in order to make informed decisions and have effective implementation of business targets. This includes obtaining feedback from own staff, customers, traders and the media. Analyzes this information to understand what is happening and why.
Customer Relationship Management
- Develops and improves relationships with all customers in order to maintain and grow the business. This includes maintaining closeness to the customer, understanding and extending expectations and creating a belief that everything done is special to him. Responds quickly and positively to issues and complaints. Arranges social events and gifts.
- Ensures that the financial interests of Petromin and customers are met or exceeded. This includes agreeing with management, the target prices and discounts to be used with customers, including promotions. Negotiates with customers on quantities, price and terms and obtains approvals for agreements. Plans the monthly collections for each sales Supervisor and agrees on solutions and actions. Reviews on a weekly basis and arranges with management for exceptions.
Reports and Meetings
- Receives and submits regular reports to management on achievements. Conducts regular meetings with own staff and with management to provide detailed analysis of the business.
- The most important part of the job is to be completely up to date on all the dynamics of the market in order to be proactive in decision making.
The most difficult/complex part of job is to convince senior management of the necessity of some decisions in relation to customers. Obtaining collaboration on financial matters related to customers.
Daily contacts with customers at all levels in order to obtain information, maintain relationships and grow the business.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR ACTIONS OR DECISIONS
The position is at the section manager level where broad guidelines exist on the results be achieved. Will determine most effective approach to the work, identify required resources and agree with his General Manager the prices, discounts and incentives to be offered to customers. Will have some delegated authority, but this is limited.
- The most important decision which can be taken independently covers for example, immediate reactions to customer requests and then advises management later.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY AND WORK DIRECTION
Title of Highest Positions Reporting Directly:
Total number of employees (19)
30 – 35% of the time is spent out of the office in a non A/C environment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business.
Related Work Experience
- 6 years sales experience ideally within the same industry.
- 8 years overall experience
- Highly developed relationship management and sales skills.
- Some financial knowledge / understanding.
Very good written and spoken Arabic and English.