Project Manager Operations Transformation & Process Excellence ,Multinational Bank
About the Job
- Drive alignment of various TP engagements with Egypt and European region priorities.
- Help drive team work across various TP aligned teams
- Act as trusted advisor to the consulting leads and the regional OTPE teams by providing key analytical support on
- Promote a culture of strategic and pragmatic thinking, aligning short term decisions and investments with longer term vision and objectives
- Identify and recommend innovative solutions that are infused with emerging technologies and solutions while tempered with common sense
- Working across regional and local teams to ensure commonality of understanding and objectives whist reiterating global intents
- Revisit projects post deployment on regular basis to validate business
- Build trusting relationships with internal customers by consistently delivering value add consultancy services and delivery that exceeds expectations and positions for sustained success
- Work across Group Businesses and support functions in the region to create an organizational ‘momentum for change’ based around commonality of solutions and standardization of product and process.
- Be knowledgeable about Banking business drivers and customers, the businesses of competitors, and emerging trends in the industry landscape
- Work with management/senior management across Customer Groups and key stakeholders (Compliance, Audit, Fin, HR etc) to constantly challenge ‘perceived wisdom’, to achieve buy-in for the recommended solution and its implementation approach, to evaluate the impact of change, and to ensure monetization of benefits
- Challenge the status quo, be committed to ongoing learning, and continually raise the bar in terms of individual, team, and enterprise business performance.
- Create an environment that emphasizes continual learning
- Contribute to creating a new Production Management and Kaizen culture in leading assignments with the highest possible standards
- Work and lead projects with other regional/local OTPE teams to ensure commonality of approach and consistency of solutions
- Ensure Business Services collaboration and engagement
- Typically qualifications would include a graduate or postgraduate degree in Science, Business Administration or a related field.
- The role holder typically has numerous years (3+) in consulting and years of diverse experience and a variety of skills related to managing large and complex projects, consulting engagements, business, operations:
- Proven track record as an outstanding analyst (change management or business transformation) and/or project manager
- Overall financial services industry knowledge with specific functional expertise
- Exposure to Target Business and Operating Models and transformation business case (bottom-up & to-down)
- Demonstrated lean Six Sigma acumen and application.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly build relationships with key stakeholders
- Working across cultures and in matrixes organizational structures
- Successful change management and staff management
- Navigating – understanding and translating OTPE strategy into own team and aligning directions accordingly
- Aspiring – being ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery and embedding them in the team
- Driving – setting stretching goals for self and team and delivering them with courage and tenacity
- Mobilising – authentically engaging with team, colleagues and business partners to deliver at pace
- Sustaining- making considered decisions that protect and enhance Bank values, reputation and business
Professional standards (skills and behaviors)
- Strong conceptual skills (business models, organizational design) and analytical skills (business performance, market & competitive dynamics) to craft, execute, and oversee hypothesis-driven analysis
- Excellent working knowledge of functional area in an operational or consulting capacity
- Financial acumen: develop business cases/project charters, ability to budget, track and control project expenditure
- Negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for investments and alternatives in the language of business
- Excellent English written & verbal communication skills, other languages an advantage