Principle Urban Engineer (URB01)- RAK
Basic Function and Principle
- Supervising the performance of all associated teams.
- Supervising / Performing the process of creating the planning related to development of land areas for different projects in compliance with standards and codes using AutoCAD / GIS
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate detailed phases of professional work in large size project and /or number of medium size projects.
- Assists Section Head in evaluating staff performance, makes recommendations on hiring, firing and promotion of staff.
- Develops / assists SH in developing project and schedule of activities for the project.
- Produce design work according to established standards, methods.
- Develops solutions for technical problems and keeps control on project construction cost.
- Provides coordination of projects, prepare project’s report, review project’s data and verify codes and standards.
- Ensure that all design tasks developed with the highest quality and according to the client’s objectives & needs.
- Obtains approvals and decisions from Section Head in a timely manner that allows the project to flow smoothly and quickly through Department.
- Manage and maintain effective relationships with engineers from other disciplines and other branches as well as any other involved parties.
- Supervises the performing of technical tasks that assigned to senior engineer / junior engineer.
- Participate in QC process
- Conducts any other Job-related tasks or duties as assigned by Section Head.
- Above 15 Years
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture / Urban Regional Planning
Competencies and Skills
- Excellent managerial, leadership, personal and interpersonal skills (time management, communication, problem solving, decision making …etc.).
- Capable of building and developing teams.
- Highly organized and efficient within a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to estimate man-hours associated with technical tasks.
- Deep knowledge of all relevant international and local standards and codes of practice
- Sufficient knowledge in AutoCAD and GIS
Very good command of English Language.
- This role is for a Senior Engineer (Wet Utilities); an engineering graduate with at least fifteen (15) years of experience delivering water sector infrastructure including pumping stations, networks (gravity and pumped), storage reservoirs, and treatment works (potable water or wastewater).
- Candidates should have a thorough technical knowledge of the required design criteria in the above disciplines, and experience in applying these criteria in design projects using software or spreadsheets as appropriate
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in complementary infrastructure fields such as power distribution, SCADA, instrumentation, and PLC control / automation.
- Candidates should have extensive experience of designing and delivering projects in the UAE, including obtaining design approvals (NOCs) with the relevant local authorities.
|Job Category||Directors & C Level, Engineering, Experienced|
|Salary in EGP||(18,000) : (22,000)|