Pillars Consultancy Recruitment
Laboratory Manager (Multinational) – Alex
About our Client:
- Large Multinational Factory Located in Alex
Role within the organization
- Reporting directly to Quality Assurance Manager
Major contributions and purpose
- Providing production with reliable info about process, semi-finished product , row and packaging material , finished product plus environmental analysis
Main responsibilities and activities
- Collecting data analysis (results from several tests ) for previous day and last 9 days from all departments like fresh & dry production and packaging then sending 1 report ( Lab daily report ) to all factory departments to show factory results
- Check with other departments on environmental analysis, water used in SKM Chiller is to be checked for microbiological analysis
- Self-monitoring check on tasks done by Lab by sending samples from finished products and row materials to be tested in turkey and compare results to international specs
- Performing experiments regarding procedures and equipment evaluation to ensure that we are following appropriate business processes & methods and equipment
- Attending daily and weekly meetings with all departments regarding Lab results & discussing challenges related to Lab and other departments
- Checking on quality of competitor results and sending weekly report to all factory departments & sales
- Check on Analysis of daily used row materials to ensure that row materials are within specs
- Collecting and validating the results of the analyses. Make decisions about re-doings. Follow up trends by production elements, raw material batch or provider, SOP modification
- Ensure the availability of the proper materials for the Lab activity: chemicals medium, spare parts follow up the stock evolution and the purchasing procedure.
- Contact with suppliers of Lab materials to initiate cost reduction or quality / service improvement projects.
- Ensure the proper metrology of the Lab results. Check using the common resources of Group and Region that the Lab results show no deviation from the Group standards.
- Ensure the proper labor environment in the Lab: housekeeping.
- Enforce the safety rules and regulations – inspection.
- Release of the final goods on behalf of the QA manager.
- Organize the workforce ensuring the availability of the results in time and form.
- Review Control plan and SOP adapting if necessary to the actual conditions of the Factory.
- Staff training, means and needs definition and follow up on training actions.
- Follow up and report on the local yeast market through the samples brought by Sales Dept.
- Review and develop the Control plan in agreement with the internal customers. Control and ensure the proper SOP availability and suitability.