Internal Auditor (Basra – Iraq)
- Under the general direction of the Head of IA/Supervisor, the Internal Auditor performs professional level internal audit work. The Auditor ensures internal audit addresses the areas of concern relative to the goals, performance objectives, and impact of a variety of economic, financial and managerial programs in conformance with The Company’s policies and procedures.
Main Job Duties:
- Performs internal audits in variety of areas of accounting, financial, and operating records and procedures requiring the application of professional accounting and auditing principles.
- Verifies reports against source records to determine reliability.
- Verifies detail of recorded transactions and implementation of the control procedures; conducts detailed examinations of documents, vouchers, memos, reports, and other accounting and operating documents to ascertain whether transactions are properly supported, adequately approved and correctly recorded..
- Prepares work papers, schedules, and summaries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Audit Follow Up
- Follows up at agreed times to ensure non-compliance issues have been correctly addressed by the business. Discusses with the concerned where this has not happened.
- Follows fixed standards (IIA standards) under guidance of seniors.
- Assists in carrying out investigations of incidents of non-compliance reported by departments or individuals.
- Assists in carrying out special projects / assignments as requested Reports on process, results and recommendations upon completion of the assignment.
Annual Audit Report
- Assists with the preparation, submission, presentation and discussion of the Annual Internal Audit Report.
- The most important parts of the job are the completion of the various assigned audits according to the Audit Plan (time, efficiency, effectiveness and adequacy) and ensuring that agreed non-compliance issues have been correctly resolved.
- The most difficult/complex part of job is identifying weaknesses and control gaps and applying best practice standards. Also dealing with a lack of awareness of the importance and potential advantage of internal audit, and to convince the auditees to accept and implement the recommendations.
- Creativity is required in the job in analyzing identified issues and providing audit recommendations.
- Frequent contacts with all divisions and departments and at most levels to carry out the audit to obtain the required cooperation, and to obtain feedback. Includes follow up contacts with department managers in accordance with agreed timelines and action plans.
- Periodic contacts at middle levels in the company to update / share information and to obtain support.
Responsibility For Actions or Decisions:
- Broad policy guidelines on results to be achieved. Will determine most effective approach to the work, identify required resources and agree with his/her Manager timetables and anticipated results.
- Decision making is limited for all internal audit positions.
Title of Highest Positions Reporting Directly
- Excellent English
- Able to relocate to iraq
- Experience in oil & gas is a plus not a must.
- 5 years of experience in Auditing preferably in the big audit firms
- Play as a team member to define the working programs related to the missions
- Ensure proper documentation
- Good understanding of internal control systems (COSO)
|Job Category||Engineering, Experienced|