About our Client:
- They are an oil and gas company actively engaged in the exploration, appraisal, development and production of hydrocarbons.
- Since establishment in 2005, it has built a high-quality, diversified portfolio of oil and gas assets in the MENA region across Iraq, Egypt and Yemen.
- Our MENA portfolio consists of 7 exploration, development and production assets, of which we operate six.
- Under general supervision, verifies the financial status and operating procedures of the institution through a systematic program of audits. Interacts with administrative and enforcement agencies; monitors systems and solves problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in development of the institution’s annual audit plan.
- Manages performance of audit assignments, reviews workpapers and audit reports; edits reports prepared by other auditors.
- Schedules and plans audits; initiates project planning, assess risk and develops audit direction.
- Performs preliminary planning and establishes direction for audits, provides leadership to assigned auditors, manage project to quality outcomes, while meeting established time budget.
- Performs audit work, including plan preparation, workpapers, finding, and associated reports; verifies the accuracy of financial records as they pertain to assets, liabilities, receipts, expenditures, and related transactions.
- Coordinates and interacts with Regents, administrators, faculty, and staff, and with external audit and law enforcement agencies, as needed; may be required to testify in court; may also be required to interact with university students and alumni, and with vendors doing business with the university.
- Consults with and advises university administrators, faculty, and staff on operational and administrative issues.
- Trains new staff, as needed.
- Keeps abreast of university policies and procedures, current developments in accounting and auditing professions, and changes in local, state, and federal laws, as applicable.
- Coordinates and interacts with audit firms performing external audits of university financial statements.
- Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning; develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Develops and provides training to university departments as requested.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- At least 6 years relevant experience in Big 4, and Internal Audit or equivalent role within operational or financial functions in oil & gas industry
- Play as a team leader to perform risk assessment during planning stage to identify high risk areas
- Play as a team leader to define the working programs related to the missions
- Execute audit missions through analytics, interviews, examinations, reconciliations and other audit techniques
- Participate in closing meeting and present the audit findings/reports to audit sponsors and senior management
- Propose valid and practical recommendations to correct inefficiencies or improve efficiency
- Ensure proper documentation
- Perform continuous monitoring over business development and risk evolution at company level
- Analyze the consolidated results at company level
- Reporting results of those analysis to the corresponding Business Internal Controllers for them to implement corrective actions where needed
- Strong auditing, analytical and risk assessment skills
- Good understanding of internal control systems (COSO)
- Professional qualifications in audit, finance or accounting that is recognized internationally
|Job Category||Managers & Senior Managers|
|Career Level:||Experienced , Manager|
|Job Type:||Full Time|