Graphics Support TEU3-RAK
Reporting to the Senior Traffic Engineer, the Traffic Engineer will work in the RAK Municipality RAK Transportation team based in our Overseas
Delivery Office.This role is for a Degree-qualified engineering professional with at least 10 years of progressive experience in the field of traffic engineering or civil(transportation) engineering or a related discipline. MSc and / or chartered status is desirable.
- Leading a team of traffic engineering professionals in our Overseas Delivery Office, and working with colleagues based in Ras Al Khaimah,
- Providing technical leadership on traffic engineering issues and projects in (Rash El-Kheima).
- Leading technical reviews of planning submissions, traffic impact assessment reports, traffic studies and other technical plans, documents, presentations or data-sets in line with the Municipality’s internal submittal standards, and prevailing technical standards an d planning requirements.
- Communicating the findings of such reviews to the Director, on the Municipality’s corporate system(s), and other stakeholders as required using the appropriate channel
- Contributing to the development of policies, technical standardsnd guidance relating to Traffic Engineering or urban mobility, prepared according to the Municipality’s business needs and international good practice.
- Identifying opportunities for continuous process improvements.
- Knowledge sharing and driving technical innovation with RAK Municipality colleagues everywhere.
- In-depth experience in the field of traffic engineering in the GCC, particularly the UAE.
- High levels of competency in operational modelling platforms including VISSIM, aaSIDRA, SYNCHRO, HCM.
- Good knowledge of Road Safety and Safety in Design principles, and contemporary best-practice roads safety initiatives.
- Experience with transport assessments, capacity theory and analysis techniques, urban planning and land development appraisals, parking management, master planning and public transport
- Experience in the concept design of parking and circulation layouts, walking and cycling facilities design, planning and design of traffic calming devices, public transport facilities (bus stops), signage and line-marking
- Knowledge of concept and preliminary roads design, including at-grade and grade-separated junctions.
- Knowledge of the specification, collection, analysis and acceptability standards for surveys and data related to parking and traffic analysis.
- Strong collaborative behaviours to interface with overseas clients, other members of the local Transportation team, and other stakeholders
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English, with a talent for persuasive speech and tec hnical presentations to diverse and non-technical audiences.
- Well-developed skills in project management, technical delivery and resource management.
- Capable of communicating in both Arabic and English effectively, both written and spoken.
- The candidate should have experience of managing multidisciplinary engineering teams to deliver projects in the UAE.
- Competence with Microsoft Office software.
- Familiarity with electronic document management and quality assurance systems.
- Previous Gulf experience, and familiarity with trends and transport planning practices and standards in the United Arab Emirates.
- Knowledge of civil engineering design including concept and preliminary roads design.