Pillars Consultancy Recruitment
Commercial Lawyer& (Large Law Firm) Oman
About our Client:
A distinguished Law firm Located in Muscat Oman
- This role involves working as part of our Corporate-Commercial Team located in Muscat. Our Corporate-Commercial Team focuses on acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, restructuring, governance and general corporate-commercial work. The team is busy and fast growing and has a vacancy for a 10+PQE lawyer to assist with delivering these services to a wide range of clients (both local and international). The role requires a bright, commercially astute, well organised and enthusiastic individual who has experience of and a real interest in working on corporate and M&A transactions. The role requires someone who enjoys being part of a dynamic team, who is proactive and recognizing the nature of corporate transactions, is prepared to put in the effort and hours needed to get deals over the line.
- You will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. You will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- You will have at least worked for a rated law firm and consequently, be generally familiar with invoicing procedures, timesheet recording and expectations in terms of revenue that you will generate.
- You will have led corporate and M&A transactions as also possess some experience in supervising/managing a team of lawyers.
In-depth understanding of corporate law in home jurisdiction and of how corporate and M&A transactions are structured.
Experience working on acquisitions and disposals (undertaking legal due diligence, disclosure, preparation of ancillary documents etc.).
Significant exposure to transactions.
- Mandatory qualifications: Fully qualified lawyer and admitted to practice in any jurisdiction.
Some Middle East regional experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Specific industry related expertise would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Years of Experience: 10+ PQE.
- Strong interest and passion for business and commerce to allow you to see the overall picture in terms of our delivery to the client.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English (written and spoken) is essential.
A multilingual Arabic speaker would be an advantage but is not essential.
- The ability and willingness to put in the hours needed and to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.