Business Development Manager OIL & GAS Services
- Position Summary
A Business Development Manager works to improve an organization’s market position and achieve financial growth. This person defines long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Job General responsibilities
• Comply always and fully with PIPECARE HSE requirements
• Be quality conscious (dynamic approach towards quality improvement and aim at getting things right first time)
• Maintain confidentiality, integrity and safeguard THE COMPANY trade secrets
• Respect and support fellow employees at all times
• Respond to changes positively (technical advancements as well as organizational adaptations)
• Act in such a manner that THE COMPANY’S reputation is highly respected
• Be results-oriented; alert others timely when a task may not produce the required result for the company final product
• Follow THE COMPANY’S Process Flow Charts and interact with other departments when required
• Assure timely and accurate reporting to THE COMPANY
• Identify training requirements
Job Functions, Responsibilities & Authorities
• Identify, qualify, pursue and capture sales opportunities with the objective of maximizing sales.
• Deliver the necessary presentation to new clients to improve THE COMPANY’S market position and achieve financial growth.
• Collaborate closely with different THE COMPANY departments to ensure the smooth delivery of services to the market and meeting the customer needs.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of all current and future regulations and legislation pertaining to the pipeline industry and trends.
• Take full advantage of long standing customer relations to effect referrals, to network within key international O&G clients and to provide marketing intelligence with regard to trends, new developments and competitor activity.
• Present to and consult top management on business trends with a view of developing new services, products, etc.
• Propose and agree detailed Territories sales plans.
• Advise on commercial contract pricing.
• Assist technical sales engineers in obtaining necessary information from the Client and assisting in smooth contract transfer to Operations.
• Ensure timely updates of necessary reports are properly reflected in the Corporate EMS system: create enquiries timely; follow the sales flow chart while bidding for a job; transfer the project timely after THE COMPANY confirms the order to the client; updating the forecast by the end of each month; update the status of project regularly. Arrange provisional transfer to Projects if deemed required by taking approval from MD.
• Ensure Business Development is done in accordance with THE COMPANYQA/QC procedures.
• Support territory in project closures, when necessary.
• Actively engage in New Product Initiatives
• Supporting colleagues within other territories if and when necessary, contributing to Group activity and occasionally covering for them during periods of absence.
• Educate customers on the benefits of Pipeline Integrity
• Representing THE COMPANY in conferences and exhibitions and supporting Territory marketing initiatives
• Execute all other tasks as requested by THE COMPANY Sales & Marketing Manager and Executive Team.
Job Competency Requirements
•Communication: Creates and encourages two-way communication opportunities; demonstrates and promotes positive prospect, client, and work relationships; proactively addresses and manages conflict and disputes; works to achieve constructive resolution
French Language Fluency is a must
• Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions and requests. Demonstrates group presentation skills, participates in meetings.
• Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively, presents numerical data effectively.
• Character: Demonstrates unquestionable integrity in every aspect of work and dealing with others. Consistently models desired behaviors and values established by the company. Respects diversity of perspective in discussions and demonstrates an inclusive style. Demonstrates concerns for job safety for self and others.
• Collaboration: Effectively builds and maintains partnerships with clients, prospects and staff at all levels across the company. Contributes to team and company success. Maintains flexibility and reacts to change appropriately.
• Administrative Management: Continuously manages administrative functions to ensure quality and timeliness, manages accurate and timely sales activity and performance reports, analyses report data to project trends and build forecasts.
• BS degree in Engineering or equivalent technical experience/exposure with sound commercial skills.
• Minimum of 3 years of sales experience with a progressive and successful career to-date, culminating in a Senior Sales or Business Development role.
• Experience within the Oil and Gas sector.
• Existing executive-level contacts at one or more target operators.
• Good presentation skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
• Ability to travel extensively.
• Increase the market share in North Africa
• Improve the brand value of PIPECARE/THE COMPANY in the market.
• Achieve the annual targets assigned for the market.
• Build key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities.
• Negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions
Medical Representative – Multinational
25 March 2020
Marketing Executive – Multinational
24 February 2020
Real Estate Sales Team Leader Turkey – International
22 February 2020
Commercial Manager Construction Chemicals (Multinational)
22 February 2020
Sales Executive Club Management
16 February 2020
|Job Category||Engineering, Sales & Marketing|
|Job Level||Experienced - Non Managerial|