Main Job Duties:
- Manage the food and beverage provision for functions and events
- Supervise catering and waiting staff at functions
- Plan menus in consultation with chefs
- Recruit and train permanent and casual staff
- Organize, lead and motivate the catering team
- Plan staff shifts and rotas
- Ensure health and safety regulations are strictly observed
- Budget and establish financial targets and forecasts
- Monitor the quality of the product and service provided
- Keep financial and administrative records
- Manage the payroll and monitor spending levels
- Maintain stock levels and order new supplies as required
- Interact with customers if involved with front of house work
- Liaise with suppliers and clients
- Negotiate contracts with customers, assess their requirements and ensure they’re satisfied with the service delivered (in contract catering)
- Ensure compliance with all fire, licensing and employment regulations
- Maximize sales and meet profit and financial expectations.
- Business or management studies.
- Culinary arts or culinary management.
- Food science and technology.
- Hospitality management.
- Hotel and catering management.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to think on your feet and take initiative
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Team working skills.
- The ability to lead and motivate staff.
- Administrative ability and IT literacy.
- Numeracy and financial skills in order to manage a budget.
- An appreciation of customer expectations and commercial demands.
- Stamina and the ability to work under pressure.
- A well-organized approach to work
- Flexibility and the ability to solve problems in a pressurized environment.
- Customer-facing experience.
- Experience in improving service delivery.
- Drive and determination to improve standards and profitability.
|Job Category||Managers & Senior Managers|
|Function||Food / Catering|
|Industry||Food / Catering|