Role Title: Global Service Executive – Global Trade and Receivables Finance (GTRF) Business Services
Trade is a core product for the Group across various customer segments, including GBM, CMB, and Private Banking. The jobholder is responsible providing a high level of customer service by processing Global Trade and Receivables Finance transactions within the service level parameters, minimising operational risk by applying a high degree of attention and ensuring accuracy. The job holder will need a good understanding in Trade operations in terms of technical knowledge, thorough understanding of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) published rules as well as TRF FIM, Internal Controls and Group Compliance Policy including International sanctions etc.
Impact on the Business
- Maintain and improve the delivery of “superior” customer service by working as directed by management to ensure that all work is processed within PLA
- To ensure that all work is processed with guidelines and appropriate timescales in order to minimize operational risk and/or customer complaint.
- To be aware of the nature of our customers business and alert any unusual transactions, to Line Management
Customers / Stakeholders
- Ensure that the customer is at the heart of everything we do both personally and as an organisation by ensuring work is completed in accordance with established procedures and standards.
- Ensure a high degree of accuracy in order to minimise operational risk
- Work productively and professionally. Demonstrate ways to improve customer service and increase productivity.
Leadership & Teamwork
- To develop one’s self by expanding job and industry knowledge by ensuring all SELF training and e learning (Coastline) is completed within timescales
- Contribute to the creation of a supportive work environment driven by demonstrating Bank values.
- To identify best practice opportunities within the team and across TRF BS locations
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- To continually evaluate the operational risks inherent in the process you work and to raise any concerns with Line Management.
- To be fully conversant with FIM, anti-money laundering, internal procedures, polices and sanctions and regulatory requirements of our business partners.
- Ensure all mandatory training is undertaken in a timely manner
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Good International Trade experience and background required, working knowledge of ICC Publications such as UCP/ISBP/ ICC OPINIONS / URR/ URC as applicable to their role
- Awareness of the trade facilities and customer trade cycles
- Good knowledge of the systems/ applications used in Trade processing.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent English (written and verbal) communication skills
|Job Type:||Full Time|